Patrons can expect two weeks of nostalgic dishes which captivated diners when it fired up its pizza ovens for the first time in 2008.
In tandem with the retro dishes making a comeback for the festivities, Neapolitan pie-lovers can also expect the limited-time menu items to honour prices from the pizzeria’s early years.
Co-owners Chef Rocco Agostino and Max Rimaldi founded Pizzeria Libretto’s first location at 221 Ossington Avenue, one of the first establishments in the city to serve VPN-certified pizza within the strict guidelines set out by the Napoli government.
The festivities will kick off exclusively at Pizzeria Libretto’s Ossington location from August 14 to August 20, rolling out to the remaining four locations across Toronto on August 21 to August 27.
During the two week period, diners are invited to indulge in the classic flavours that defined Pizzeria Libretto’s early days. The special menu for this momentous occasion will feature a selection of cherished classics that have been an integral part of Pizzeria Libretto’s journey.
Returning Classics with Retro Pricing
- ‘Nduja Crostini (‘Nduja, pickled red onion, libretto herbs, extra virgin olive oil, maldon salt) – $6
- Ricotta Crostini (Whipped ricotta, truffle paste, wildflower honey, arugula, pistachio) – $6
- Asparagus Pizza (Panna sauce, asparagus, fior di latte, parmigiano-reggiano, lemon, mint, pecorino) – $14
- Cacciatore Pizza (San Marzano tomato, fior di latte, basil, parmigiano-reggiano, cacciatore salami, libretto herbs, extra virgin olive oil) – $16
- Chocolate Budino (Chocolate budino, olive oil, maldon salt) – $8
- Arugula Salad (Arugula, aged piave, pear, roasted walnuts, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil) – $10
- Margherita Pizza (San Marzano tomato, fior di latte, parmigiano-reggiano, basil, extra virgin olive oil) – $13
- Negroni (Gin, Vermouth Blend, Campari) – $10
- Vigneti Salento ‘I Muri’ Negroamaro IGT (Red wine, Puglia) – $8
In addition to the nostalgic menu, celebrations for this significant milestone will also include a soirée at Pizzeria Libretto Ossington on Saturday, August 26 which will be fully open to the public.
The celebration will begin at 10 p.m., and include complimentary bites, one drink ticket upon entry and a full bar with $5 drink options available. Party goers can also expect a DJ spinning until 1 a.m.
Since opening the first Pizzeria Libretto location, the team behind the Neapolotian pizza spot has opened four additional locations, and is also part of the group behind Enoteca Sociale, a recent Michelin-recognized destination, and its newly opened sister restaurant, Ristorante Sociale, King St. West’s newest dinner party destination.